Coco #Chanel – a legendary #Parisian, a great woman and a #fashion icon.
Words to describe her: Overwhelming, Huge, Unstoppable!
What did she do?
– enabled women to wear trousers (they could finally run!)
– created a “petite robe noir” (the little black dress) a must-have in every woman’s wardrobe
– suggested fake accesssories to go with her minimalist clothes
– created the Chanel Suit (which Jackie #Kennedy wore on the day her husband was assassinated).
– created the Chanel N°5 perfume best promoted by #Marilyn #Monroe who, to a journalist asking what she wore to bed, responded “Channel N° 5, of course”, a statement that drove Andy #Warhol up the wall.